Videos are streamed in Wipster so playback issues can often be related to poor connection speeds or network latency. There are also other factors that can affect playback such as network bandwidth, computer hardware, web browser extensions etc.
Here are a couple of things to check:
- Wherever possible plug your computer straight into your router via ethernet. If you have to use WiFi, ensure it is a solid connection and not prone to dropouts.
- Test your internet speeds using this speed test to ensure you’re getting the speeds promised by your ISP.
If you contact our support team please provide these results.
- Update your browser to the most recent version.
- End or pause any activities on your network that might be consuming bandwidth (Netflix, online games, other uploads or downloads, etc.)
- Disable any browser extensions or ad-blocking software.
- Wait a few minutes and then try playback again.
Also it is good to keep in mind that playback at full 1080p is going to be a lot more demanding on your computer, both in terms of your network connection/bandwidth and computationally. Older computers e.g. ones using outdated or underpowered CPU or graphics cards, will struggle to play HD videos without stuttering.
Please try switching to a lower quality encoding and see if that helps (more on HD in Wipster is available here How does HD work in Wipster).
If none of the above helps contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org. They will be happy to help.